Come and join us for our Easter Saturday (20 April) Family Funfest at Solid Rock Drogheda. There’s live traditional Irish music, bouncy castles & food from over 20 different nations. It’s all free, and we’d love to share the experience with you. It runs from 2pm-5pm.
Then, on Easter Sunday, you are invited to join us in one of our Easter Celebration Worship Services. We have two identical services – one at 10am and another at 12 noon
This Good Friday (19 April) we will be giving away 4,000 Hot Cross Buns in Drogheda and the surrounding area to share the Good News of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Cross on the buns represents the death of Christ, the Spices represent His body anointed for burial, and the yeast represents His rising from the dead.
You can collect some buns to give to friends and neighbours by calling down to our church premises on Ballymakenny Rd on Thursday morning between 9.30am-12.30pm or Thursday night between 6pm-9.30pm. You can also pick them up on Friday from 9.30am-12.30pm (If there’s any left!).
At our final Monday night prayer meting of 2018, we repeated, as a congregation, 50 biblical declarations over our lives:
- As I live in God, my love grows more perfect. I can face Him with confidence on the day of judgment because I live like Jesus here in this world (I John 4:17 NLT).
- I receive an abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness. I reign in life through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).
- I look out not only for my own interests but also for the interests of others (Philippians 2:4).
- I am kind and tenderhearted to others. I forgive them as God in Christ has forgiven me (Ephesians 4:32).
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).
- I ask God to set a guard over my mouth. He keeps watch over the door of my lips (Psalm 141:3).
- I let the peace of Christ rule in my heart. As a member of one body, I am called to peace and I am thankful (Colossians 3:15 NIV).
- I walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, pleasing Him in all respects. I bear fruit in every good work and I am increasing in the knowledge of God (Colossians 1:10 NAS).
- I am being strengthened with all power according to His might. I have great endurance and patience (Colossians 1:11 NIV).
- God has not given me a spirit of fear. He gives me power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7 ESV).
- God loads me daily with benefits. He is my salvation (Psalm 68:19).
- God makes all grace abound toward me so that I always have all sufficiency and an abundance for every good work (2 Corinthians 9:8).
- I bring the whole tithe into the storehouse. He opens the windows of heaven for me and pours out a blessing so great that I don’t have enough room for it (Malachi 3:10).
- Christ redeemed me from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for me (Galations 3:13 NIV).
- I am blessed in the city and blessed in the country (Deuteronomy 28:3).
- I am blessed when I come in and blessed when I go out (Deuteronomy 28:6).
- The Lord has established me as a holy person to Himself. I keep His commandments and walk in His ways (Deuteronomy 28:9).
- All the people of the earth see that I am called by the name of the LORD. Deut 28:10
- The LORD opens to me His good treasure, the heavens to give the rain to my land in its season and to bless all the work of my hand (Deuteronomy 28:12).
- My ways please the LORD and He makes even my enemies to be at peace with me (Proverbs 16:7).
- But by God’s doing I am in Christ Jesus. He became to me wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption (I Corinthians 1:30).
- The God of hope fills me with all joy and peace in believing so that I abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13).
- I always rejoice and pray without ceasing. In everything, I give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for me (I Thessalonians 5:16-18).
- I am steadfast of mind. He keeps me in perfect peace because I trust in Him (Isaiah 26:3).
- The joy of the LORD is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
- I am confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6).
- God works in me both to will and to do His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13).
- I do all things without grumbling or complaining so that I will prove myself to be blameless and innocent. I am a child of God who is above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom I appear as lights in the world (Philippians 2:14-15).
- I hold fast to the word of life. In the day of Christ’s return, I will have reason to glory because I did not run or labor in vain (Philippians 2:16).
- I always rejoice in the Lord and my gentleness (graciousness or forbearance) is known to all people (Philippians 4:4,5).
- I am anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving I let my requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).
- I choose to meditate on anything that has virtue or is praiseworthy. I think about things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, and of good report (Philippians 4:8).
- I press on, that I may lay hold of that which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:12-14).
- The Lord is my God! He is mighty to save. He rejoices over me with gladness and singing. I am quieted by His love (Zephaniah 3:17).
- God instructs me and keeps me as the apple of His eye (Zechariah 2:8).
- I am a crown of glory and a royal diadem in the hand of the LORD (Isaiah 62:3).
- God rejoices over me as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride (Isaiah 62:5).
- The LORD has chosen me for Himself as His special treasure (Psalm 135:4).
- I speak God’s word and hearing the word increases my faith (Romans 10:17).
- I declare God’s word about who I am, what I have, and what I can do in Christ Jesus who gives me strength. I am established as His daughter in all ways and I shine in His light (Job 22:8, Isaiah 60:1).
- I speak God’s word and His angels do the voice of His word (Psalm 103:20).
- I speak God’s word and it does not return to Him void. His word accomplishes what He pleases and it prospers in the thing for which He sends it (Isaiah 55:11).
- I persist in speaking God’s word until it accomplishes its purpose. It is like fire. It is like a hammer that shatters a rock (Jeremiah 23:29).
- The Lord has given me the tongue of the disciples. I know how to speak a word in due season to those who are weary (Isaiah 50:4).
- The Lord God awakens me every morning to fellowship with Him, and He opens my ears to hear as the learned (Isaiah 50:4).
- I speak pleasant words that are sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. I am wise and I bring healing (Proverbs 16:24, Proverbs 12:18).
- I have a wholesome tongue which is a tree of life to myself and others (Proverbs 15:4, Proverbs 11:30, Proverbs 18:21).
- I speak words of life. I am satisfied with the good by the fruit produced by my words (Proverbs 12:14, Proverbs 18:20).
- As I speak God’s word, He sends it to heal and deliver me from my destruction (Psalm 107:20).
- Christ bore my sins in His own body on the cross and I am healed by His stripes (1 Peter 2:24).
Don’t forget our new service times at Solid Rock Drogheda – 10am and 12 noon. Children’s Sunday School classes provided in both services, and new cafe area open after each service.
As from Sunday 29 October the Solid Rock Church in Drogheda will be having two identical Sunday services – at 10am and at 12 noon. You are welcome to come and worship with us, and join us for fellowship after each service in our new cafe area.Each service will continue to provide heartfelt worship, age-appropriate classes for children, and relevant inspirational preaching from God’s Word.
Part of our vision at Solid Rock Drogheda is to see every member of the Church find their place of maximum fulfillment and effectiveness in the Body of Christ.
The following slides were shown as part of a teaching in our Monday night service in Feb 2016.
The Solid Rock Church in Drogheda, for three years now, has been reading the entire Bible (Genesis to Revelation) out loud. We believe this prophetic proclamation of the Word has released something mighty in our Church.
The idea is that individuals in our Church pre-book slots in the Prayer Centre (at the rear of the White House that houses our Church Offices). There you find a chart detailing where the last reader left off. You start reading out loud from that point – and when you leave you update the chart ready for the next reader.
Once we got to the end of Revelation, we go back to the beginning of Genesis and start again! Please note that it is OK to have breaks between readers. Once you pre-book you will be given an access code to enter the Prayer Centre, and you lock it again when you leave.
It’s also OK if two or more people end up being there to read at the same time. That will simply add some fellowship to the mix! You can take it in turns to read.
This vocal reading of the Word will, we pray, provide insights and revelations to those who do the reading. We also believe that many will find the Prayer Centre to be a place of peace and life where they will return often to spend time with God.
“Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.” (Revelation 1:3)